Wednesday 9 April 2014

Blog number 6 - Update

BANG! went my tyre halfway through the second round of the womens team series race in Surrey. Gutted isn't even the word. Being a RR obviously a lap out wasn't aloud, so the day for me was over. Watching the final few miles of the race i saw a familiar two faces coming up the hill, and who was it? Only my two best friends Keira and Lawrence coming to watch me.. had to bite my tongue to  not straight away tell them about their wasted journey!

Long story short i ended up riding home back to London with those two, calling in at Francis Cadeys house on the way home, who unfortunately had been really poorly, aww my poor little Francis!

Just over a week later I'm back in Stoke, rode out today with a guy named Brian Rourkes, who is the owner of all Rourkes bikes and cycles, and who gave multiple world champion Nicole Cooke her winning bikes over the years. Really nice to listen to stories about someone as successful as that, and for him to say i have a few similar characteristics is also pretty cool!

Tomorrow I'm back to London again, then Essex Friday to meet with my team mate and good friend Bryony, before we travel to Belgium on the Saturday for Zwelle De Hille and Holland Sunday for The Valkensburrg!

Time to pack up my stuff again now, brought a new little suitcase so thats given me a slight extra bit of motivation to get ready!

ciao


1 comment: